In today’s “Meet the Author – series” I have a Indian romance queenbee. There is something about love stories that entices us, it is perhaps the lovey-dovey words or the sweet charm or the characters or the plot. She is best selling author on Romance Genre. She tells simplistic and engaging Indian Romance stories.
Yes, Its MV Kasi. Welcome to my “Meet the Author” series. Thanks Manya for being here on my blog.
Have you read any or her books? If not, perhaps you need to check out. I have included her bio in the end.
Come on, lets have a glimpse of her mind.
- What and who inspires you to write books?
My inspiration comes from within. I write because I truly enjoy writing and also because I have dozens of stories waiting to be told
- According to you, what is important to be a writer? Imagination to create stories or is it a narration that is important?
Both imagination and narration play critical roles. A beautifully narrated boring story or a gripping story with bad narration will lose readers. A good balance of both is what makes a book memorable.
- Characteristic traits of main protagonist in your stories are generated by watching/observing the society closely or does it come through reading more stories or through your imagination.
I personally draw inspiration from multiple sources. But observing/reading real people makes them more realistic.
- For your series “Singham Bloodlines” – was character built before or story built before (Character Vs Plot)?
Most of my stories are character driven. Singham Bloodlines series was created based on the female antagonist, Neelambari.
Me— I haven’t heard about this antagonist, but I will definitely check out.
- When you were young, did you see writing as a career?
No. It’s something that I chose as an adult
- What does literary success look like to you?
A good balance of critical acclaim while also appealing to a wider audience.
- What is your work schedule, while you are writing? How do you jiggle with your family time vs writing time?
I (try to) write from 9am to 3pm on weekdays. I choose not to write during the weekends or week But if I’m racing to meet a deadline, then my family understands and gives me the space I need. 🙂
- Can you share your journey to be a full-time writer.
Writing began as a hobby. It was something I enjoyed doing during my free time which wasn’t a lot. But after having moved to India, and having the support of my extended family, I was able to pursue my passion and turn writing into a full-time job while balancing my family and social life.
- How long does it generally take you to write a book? What’s you next book you intend to write?
To write a full-length novel, it takes me an average of 3 to 5 months. I’ve just finished writing the 2nd book of The Devils series. My next book would either be a romcom or the 3rd book of The Devils series.
- Would you always want to write about Romance genre? If not, what other genres are you looking to get into?
Romance genre is what I enjoy to read as well as write. As of now, I intend to continue in the same genre while experimenting with different subgenres within romance (suspense, comedy, contemporary, historical, etc).
- What books defined your childhood or got you into reading?
As a child, books by Enid Blyton got me interested in reading. Later, in my teens, it was Sidney Sheldon’s gripping stories that got be addicted to reading.
- If you could go back and change anything in the novels which you have already written what would that be.
A lot! Each time I read my old books, I realize I continue to evolve as a writer or a storyteller. But I refrain from making any changes to my older books.
- What was your hardest scene to write and most difficult thing about writing characters from opposite sex?
I don’t find writing scenes or about characters from the opposite sex point-of-view hard! In fact, I enjoy writing stories from dual pov. However, I do make a conscious effort not to stereotype the opposite gender. 🙂
- Your Favorite author and Best Indian author according to you
I don’t have a particular favorite author. I only have favorite books! 🙂
- Which is your personal favorite book from the one’s you have written and why? (Need to choose from the book you have written)
It’s like asking me to choose a favorite child among my children! 🙂 But if I were to pick one, it’s my first book ‘That Same Old Love’. I love writing about flawed characters, and Mahi, the protagonist is one my favorite heroines.
- How does it feel to be one of the bestselling authors?
I feel very grateful because along with hard work and writing interesting stories, there are quite many other factors that push an author into becoming a bestseller. It’s a continuous learning process because of which I can never take it for granted.
- I aspire to become… a better version of myself.
- Writing book for me is… therapeutic and brings me immense joy.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kasi gives in to her fascination to explore the human psychology and the various facets of life in her writing. She has particular fascination to explore shades of grey in her female leads.
Her love for reading has led her to start writing on her own. She likes to add depth to her characters and explore their psychological motivations. Due to the nature of topics and plots, she does not shy away from writing about sexuality or violence. Despite covering some heavy topics, she likes to infuse humor into her writing.
Connect on Social Media
Author Page: www.amazon.com/author/mvkasi
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/mvkasi
Have you read any of her books? Did you like knowing about Author? Let me know your thoughts.