I m back with “Meet the Author” series. Today I had great pleasure in knowing the thoughts of Anya Wylde, author of “Penelope”. She invites you into her world. She writes on varies genres from romantic comedy to fantasy. She holds a degree in English literature and adores reading and writing. I got a lucky chance for an online tete-e-tete with the talented author. Here’s what she has to say about her love for the written world and her writing.
Anya, welcome to my “Meet the Author” Series. Thanks for being here on my blog. Come on, lets meet Anya and know more about her which is not included in Bio.
1. What and who inspires you to write books?
I don’t think anyone or anything inspires me to write but my husband and long-time readers do encourage me to continue writing.
2. According to you what is your books based on? Is that being Genre centric (like romantic Comedy & fantasy) or character centric? (I feel it’s a bit of both 😊. Would love to know your view).
I think it’s both.
3.According to you, what is important to be a writer? Imagination to create stories or is it a narration that is important or anything else?
I think everyone is constantly telling each other stories without realizing it. When we talk to each other we relate incidences and that is storytelling. Now, all you have to do is put those thoughts and conversations down on paper, but very few have the patience to do it.
4.Do you find yourself resistant to books or films without a sense of humour, or artists who take themselves too seriously?
That’s an interesting question. I do find myself wondering why everyone is so serious and miserable all the time when you don’t have to be.
But authors and movies try and show you a slice of life as they see it. And sometimes life is difficult and sad and even though I won’t enjoy reading those books, I can appreciate the art and the emotion they capture.
5. How important is marketing a book in the present condition when every day we see new titles coming up? Any tips to Share?
Marketing is very important. I suggest approaching bloggers and reviewers and sending them an ARC and asking for an honest, unpaid review. I learn a lot from their feedback, and it helps get those eyeballs.
6. What is your work schedule, while you are writing? How do you jiggle with your family time vs writing time Vs job (I.e. if you do any other job apart from writing)? Can you make a living out of writing books?
I can make a living out of writing thank God. I treat my writing career as a normal job. I wake up, work, and spend time with family in the evening and on weekends. Just like the rest of the world.
7. Can we look forward for more books from you in future? What else are you currently writing? Can you share more details on that?
I am writing the next book in my fantasy series. Early next year I will go back to my Regency series.
8. What does literary success look like to you?
You have superstars like JK Rowling who everyone knows, then genre stars like Julia Quinn. But anyone who can write full time and make ends meet is successful in my opinion.
9. What are your thoughts on audio books?
I love them. So many of us are stuck in traffic for hours these days, and audiobooks are a brilliant way to make use of that time.
10. According to you, what is the most unethical practice in the publishing industry?
A lot of publishers keep most of the author’s royalties and do the bare minimum in return. Authors deserve more.
1. What books defined your childhood or got you into reading/blogging?
Enid Blyton. I loved those books.
2. Who is the author you admire most? Favorite Book?
I don’t have a favorite book and admire too many authors to list.
3. How many books are there in your bookshelves?
4. I aspire to become
5. Best Moment of my Life
Birth of my children.
6. Writing book for me is
7. Lastly, what else do you want your readers to know? Your interests and hobbies, your favorite ways to unwind — whatever comes to mind (Apart from what’s in your bio)
Stay happy and read more books!
Thank you Anya for joining us. Readers, go and order her book and follow her for awesome updates.
Website –– https://anyawylde.com/
Anya Wylde lives in Ireland along with her husband and a fat French poodle (now on a diet). She can cook a mean curry, and her idea of exercise is occasionally stretching her toes. She holds a degree in English literature and adores reading and writing.